June 1st! From 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST, you can submit your young adult, middle grade, Amish romance, children’s book, or historical romance novel without an agent! Make sure you read our submission guidelines first, though!
We’re excited about opening up to outside submissions once again and look forward to reading what you’ve been writing!
Once every year, we open to unagented submissions for one day only, usually closer to fall, but this year, we’re opening early! The date hasn’t been set in stone yet so you still have time to get your manuscript ready. Here’s what we want to see!
- Young adult (with or without romance)
- Middle grade
- Amish romance
- Historical romance (We’re especially looking for the next great tale taking place aboard the Titanic or the Lusitania. We’re also looking for books set outside the United States.)
- Children’s books
Please refer to our submission guidelines for complete details. We won’t accept any book that does not adhere to these guidelines.
We’ll announce the open date right here so be sure to subscribe!
On October 1, 2018, we are once again opening to unagented submissions, and we’re already getting questions. We’re hoping we answer most of them here, but you can always contact us at email@example.com with any others!
- Can I submit more than one book? No. We ask that authors choose their best book to submit.
- Can I submit if my book is not completed? You may submit the 1st three chapters; however, the book needs to be completed in the event we ask for the full so you may only have less than a month to finish the book.
- What formats do you accept? We accept doc, docx, and pdf.
- Why are you asking for a marketing plan? We ask authors to be as committed to marketing and promoting as we are, and we’d like to see what plans you have if your book were to be accepted.
- Why are you only accepting certain genres this time? We want to include more diversity in our catalog. We are also looking to add historical romances that fit within a certain timeline as they have proven to be popular.
- What if I get an agent after this book is accepted? Will you work with my agent? Since this is a submission event for unagented authors, the book you submit must remain unagented so at to be equitable for the other authors. You are, however, free to have an agent or lawyer review the contract if an offer of acceptance is made.
- What if something happens, and I miss the window? Is there still a way for me to submit? Unfortunately, no. To be fair to everyone submitting, once the deadline has passed, we will not accept any additional submissions.
- How soon will I know if my book has been accepted? We hope to have responses to every submission within three months; however, we may require additional time.
- If I have more questions, who do I contact? You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Questions and Answers, Submitting Manuscripts, Uncategorized
Tagged book acceptance, book contracts, book submissions, diversity, historical romance, literary agents, multicultural, submission event, when are you open to submissions?, young adult
The Thorn Healer by Pepper Basham is the 3rd and final novel in the Penned in Time series.
Jessica Ross’ scars run much deeper than the wounds of a world at war. Determined to escape the ghosts of her past and the German influence on her nightmares, she returns home to the sleepy Appalachian town of Hot Springs, NC, only to find the renowned Mountain Park Hotel has been converted into a ‘prison’ for displaced Germans and, much to Jessica’s dismay, her grandparents have befriended one of them.
August Reinhold has not only found kinship with Jessica’s grandparents, but as they share their granddaughter’s letters from the Front, he discovers a surprising bond drawing him toward the independent and beautiful woman. Displaced by a war and a painful history, he find Hot Springs and the intriguing, Jessica Ross, a tempting place to start over. Determined to scale the heights of her bitterness and show her the power of love, August faces more than just Jessica’s resistance, but a more devious design to harm the civilian sailors housed in Hot Springs.
Will August’s tender pursuit show Jessica the healing and hope she needs, or will bitterness force her into the hands of a ‘true’ enemy waiting to destroy much more than her heart?
The sequel to Pepper Basham’s award-winning inspirational, historical romance, The Thorn Bearer, releases on February 28th! Already available for pre-order, The Thorn Keeper has garnered positive reviews well in advance of its release.
Slender woman in vintage dress for promenade
Beautiful redhead women with bouquet